Government Guidelines Regarding COVID-19
Although most legal restrictions were lifted on the 19th July and many people have been vaccinated, it is still possible to catch and spread COVID-19.
It is important that we use personal judgement and manage the risks to ourselves and others.
As a team, we have discussed the way we need to go forward relating to “Freedom Day” at Lakeside.
The most important thing for us has always been and will remain to be, the health and welfare of our Managers and guests.
As Tony and Liz work alone there is still a chance of them catching Covid-19 or having enforced isolation (they are double jabbed) which could lead to the possible closure of our facilities or, worst-case scenario, the closure of our park. With this in mind, we have decided not to make any big changes to the measures we already have in place.
I hope you will understand our current situation and the very difficult decisions we have had to make at this time.
Below are the changes from 19th July:
- Shared Facilities – will be open however, the toilet and shower block will remain at reduced capacity for the time being.
- Face coverings are no longer compulsory (though they must be worn in our reception area). Please note, the Government expects and recommends the wearing of face coverings in an enclosed space where you will be in contact with people you don’t normally meet.
- Contact tracing procedures will remain in place but are no longer compulsory. We will still encourage all our visitors to use the QR Codes located around the site.
- Day Visitors will once again be welcome on site but they must be booked in at reception the day before visiting as numbers must be limited.
- Fast food delivery/Takeaway – Delivery drivers are to be met in the car park they are not to drive to your caravan.
- We still advise the use of hand sanitisers and disposable gloves in all communal areas.
Please check the Government website for the latest information.
The Barrier at Reception is lowered and locked at 9 pm. If you are going off Park and you think you will return after this time you must have a security key. There is a £20 refundable deposit for this. Any Park Users arriving after this time with no key must park their vehicle in the lay-by overnight.